Kiwi fruit originally came from Shaanxi, China where it is known as yáng táo After being introduced to New Zealand were renamed as Chinese Gooseberries. It was called the Chinese gooseberry until it was transplanted to tropical places around the world in the early 1900s.
A grower in New Zealand noticed that it resembled the shaggy, round kiwi bird. He started calling it kiwi fruit, and the name stuck. However the biggest producer is Italy.
Those who love fruit salads will be well aware of the fruit Kiwi because of the exotic and tropical flair that it adds to your salads. It is an exotic fruit that has a wonderful and distinct flavor. But a lot of people are not aware of this fruit benefits to their health..
The top health benefits of this unique fruit mentioned below:
1. Helps Your Digestions with Enzymes because it contains actinidain, a protein-dissolving enzyme that can help digestion process..
2. Helps Manage Blood Pressure with Kiwi’s high level of potassium
3. Protects from DNA Damage: the unique combination of antioxidants in Kiwi fruit helps protect the cell DNA from oxidative damage. Some experts conclude this can help prevent cancer.
4. Boosts Your Immunity with Kiwi’s high vitamin C content along with other antioxidant compounds
5. Smart Carb for Weight Loss: Kiwi’s low glycemic index and high fiber content help the body not to restore fat..
6. Improves Digestive Health: Kiwis are a great source of fiber
7. Helps Clean Out Toxins: The fuzzy fiber of Kiwi helps bind and move toxins from your intestinal tract.
8. Helps Fight Heart Disease:n Kiwi fruit has the same anti-clotting benefits of aspirin with no side effects, just additional health benefits!
9. Suitable For Diabetics: Kiwi is in the ‘low’ category for glycemic index, meaning it does not raise your blood sugar quickly.
10. Protects Against Macular Degeneration and Other Eye Problems: This is thought to be associated with the kiwi’s high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin — both of which are natural chemicals found in the human eye.
11. Create Alkaline Balance: Kiwi is in the ‘most alkaline’ category for fruits, meaning it has a rich supply of minerals to replace the excess of acidic foods most individuals consume.
12. Great for the Skin: Kiwis are a good source of vitamin E,
13. Naturally Organic